Friday, August 22, 2008

werewolves/scarves

The copy editor I report to, an atypical middle-aged man (leaves Word of the Day comments on his own Facebook wall, wears giant black-framed glasses and has a strong interest in surrealism and film music) sends me a daily email containing notes on the work I did the previous day. They are informative and well-worded. Here's an excerpt from today's notes:

"Any book with a plot involving vampires should be categorized as Science Fiction & Fantasy/Fantasy: Paranormal. That generally applies to werewolves, too."

I just like that he was able to use the phrase "generally applies to werewolves".

I'm up for a salaried position along with a girl who started the week after me (might be worth noting that she wears a scarf in August and seems like the type who would call it a "keffiyeh"). The position is pretty much same thing I'm doing now (indexing/copy editing), but with a tad bit more responsibility. It will be nice to cut up the day with different things to do, considering the tediousness of indexing. It will also be nice to make some more cash and (possibly) have some lowly orcs to order around.

Here's some music for you:


The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America (2006)
http://www.mediafire.com/?cgxvay9kgvp

1 comment:

bauline said...

You’re pretty good with words
But words won’t save your life